Assigning the lesson
You've finished the lesson and ready to assign it. If you're on the lesson, click on the IL button at the top of the toolbar and select your class to assign it.
If you haven't made a class yet, do that first by either creating one or importing one from Google Classroom.
- All students have extension installed
- All students enrolled in your IL class (self-enrolled or via Google Classroom)
- Assign lesson to the class
- Send link to students
Assign from the lesson:
Click on the IL logo at the top of the toolbar and select the class(es) you want to assign to.
Assign from the Teacher Dashboard:
Click on the "assign" button for the lesson and select the class.
If you're using Google Classroom you can assign the lesson directly to your Google Classroom from InsertLearning.
- If you're using another LMS like Schoology, Edmodo, Moodle, or Canvas, assign the lesson to your InsertLearning class.
- Copy the URL of the page and add #insertlearning to the end of it to automatically load the extension for students when the click the link.
With No LMS
Students can find all of their assigned lesson in their own Student Dashboard in InsertLearning. They can get their by going to insertlearning.com and clicking on the dashboard link in the upper right or opening a new tab and clicking the IL extension.
If you have your own system for sharing links with your students, copy the URL of the page and add #insertlearning to the end of it to automatically load the extension for students when the click the link.
How students find and get to the lesson
There are four ways students can get to an assigned lesson. IMPORTANT: students must be enrolled in the class and have the IL extension installed to view the lesson.
- If you use Google Classroom, you can assign lessons directly to those classes. This will create a new assignment in Google Classroom that your students can click on.
- Students can see all assigned lessons in their InsertLearning dashboard.
- You, the teacher can link to the page you created a lesson on and add #insertlearning to the end of the URL. This will automatically load the lesson.
- Link to the page you created a lesson on and instruct students to click on the InsertLearning extension button to load the lesson.